Take your basic First Aid Skills to the next level! FREC3 is the ideal course for those looking to advance their basic skills or those wanting to work within the Ambulance Service or Events Industries.
Unit 1 First Response Emergency Care
• Understand the role and responsibilities of a first responder providing emergency care.
• Assess an incident.
• Assess a patient.
• Assess a patient’s airway.
• Manage a patient’s airway. (Oropharyngeal and Nasopharyngeal Airways)
• Manage an unresponsive patient who is not breathing normally.
• Use appropriate equipment during a resuscitation attempt.
• Administer emergency oxygen.
Unit 2 First Response Emergency Care of Trauma
• Manage catastrophic bleeding. (Use of Haemostats and Tourniquets)
• Manage a patient who is in shock.
• Manage a patient who is bleeding.
• Manage a patient with burns or scald.
• Manage a patient with minor injuries.
• Manage a patient with sudden poisoning.
• Provide emergency care to a patient with head and spinal injuries.
• Provide emergency care to a patient with injuries to bones, muscles and joints.
Unit 3 First Response Emergency Care of Medical Conditions
• Understand how to identify a patient with breathing difficulties.
• Know how to manage a patient with anaphylaxis.
• Know how to manage a patient with suspected major illness.
• Know how to manage a patient who is in seizure.
• Understand how to provide emergency care for the effects of environmental exposure.